B – breakfast, L – lunch, D – dinner
DECEMBER 27 • • •
Arrive into Keflavik early in the morning. Spend the morning at the Blue Lagoon. After lunch, we drive to Reykjanes Peninsula. Visit Kr?suvík geothermal area. Check in hotel, and free time walking around Reykjavik’s main street – Laugavegur. Visit the Aurora Reykjavik Exhibition. Meet again at 10:00 pm for the Northern Lights tour with local deaf photographer. Stay in Reykjavik for 2 nights. D
DECEMBER 28 • • •
4 hour workshop with deaf photographer, including tips as of how to capture the Northern Lights. Free time after lunch to explore sights of Reykjavik, including Hallgrimskirkja, Sun Voyager, and Harpa Opera House. B,L
DECEMBER 29 • • •
Head out west for the “Into the Glacier” experience. See the powerful hot springs at Deildartunguhver, then we have geothermal bath at Krauma with a mixture of hot water from Delidartunguhver and cold glacial water from Rau?sgil. Late night outing for Northern Lights. Overnight in Húsafell. B,D
DECEMBER 30 • • •
We take the all day Golden Circle tour. ?ingvellir National Park, site of Icelandic parliament that was founded in the year 930. Gullfoss – golden waterfall. Geysir – spouting hot springs. Lunch at Fri?heimar geothermal tomato farm. Then we drive down to Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach. Overnight in Hella. B,L
DECEMBER 31 • • •
We spend the morning exploring the South Coast. Walk behind and under the waterfall at Seljalandsfoss. Be awed by the 200 feet waterfall at Skogafoss. Experience black sand at Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach. After dinner, we have a drive around to experience traditional new year celebrations. End at Hallgrimskirkja at 11:00 pm. Stay in Reykjavik for 2 nights. B,D
JANUARY 1 • • •
Relax day. At 4:00 pm, we meet deaf photographer at deaf club for Photoshop workshop and lecture. B
JANUARY 2 • • •
Morning at leisure. Depending on time of your flights, we may have an optional 2nd visit at the Blue Lagoon before your departure. B
$3,590 per person/double occupancy.
$500 deposit per person is required to reserve space.
100% of the balance is required 90 days before the first day of the tour.
* Small tour group size.
* 6 nights of accommodations in 3 star hotels.
* 11 meals: Breakfast (6), Lunch (2), Dinner (3)
* Services of a deaf group leader on call 24 hours a day.
* Services of local deaf guide(s).
* All transportation expenses connected within the tour itinerary.
* All admission fees for attractions and museums mentioned in the itinerary.
* Most tips connected with the tour itinerary, except for bellhop service (to carry luggage to your hotel rooms), maid service (in your hotel rooms) and your group leader.
* Porterage of one large luggage per person.
* Informative travel preparation packet.
* Pre-tour and/or post-tour itinerary consultation.
* Airfares at the start and end of the tour are not included.
* All other meals not mentioned in the itinerary and personal expenses are not included.
* Optional 2nd visit at Blue Lagoon is not included.
* It is essential to consult the HOT terms and conditions before booking.
* There is some walking expected during the tour. Appropriate physical fitness is necessary.
* Tour itinerary and price are subject to change.
* For more information, please contact Tour Manager Dan Brubaker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hands On Travel recommends that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. Travel protection plans include coverage for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay and more. To learn more about how to help protect you and your trip investment, visit the following link: http://www.handson.travel/resources/protection/
Dan has been to 83 countries including Bolivia, Cuba, Morocco, Myanmar, North Korea and Oman. He has also presented at Deaf Youth Leadership Camps in Germany and Thailand as well as team-coordinating an exchange program between two deaf schools in Kentucky, USA and Kamensk, Russia.SEE DAN'S TOURS
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.